We realize that your investment in GibbsCAM software is only valuable if you are able to use it effectively and efficiently. To that end, we offer a variety of training options to meet your needs, whether you are a brand new GibbsCAM user, experienced user who wants to learn new tips and tricks, or are looking to learn a new GibbsCAM option.
Check out the options below to find the right training option for you.
GibbsCAM Training Schedule
Come to our headquarters in sunny, Southern California for in-person, classroom-style training. We offer a rotating schedule of classes, so check back often.
Please Note: Dates and scheduling are subject to change. Please contact us for more information
SolidSurfacer (includes Advanced CS): July 17-19, 2019
- Creation, modification and application of CSs on multi axes parts
- Creation, modification and machining of solid models.
- File import and repair is also covered in addition to an in depth explanation of all the features.
- Application of advanced toolpaths on solid models; a more in depth instruction on the use of "smarter" tool path generation.
5-Axis: July 22 & 23, 2019
- Toolpath Calculation Strategies - Surfaces, Triangle Mesh, Swarf, Deburring, etc.
- Tool Axis Control - 3, 4, 5 Axis parameters
- Gouge Checking - Tool Flutes, Tool Shank, Front of Holder, Back of Holder
- Toolpath Linking - Entry/Exit control, Toolpath Linking Mid-cycle, Retracts
- Roughing Options - Stock Definition, Multi Passes, Depth Cuts, etc.
- Utility Parameters - Feedrate Control, Axial Shift, Miscellaneous
- Application - When To Use 5 Axis, Real World Examples, etc.
- Open Discussion
MTM: July 24 & 25, 2019
- Programming parts with dual turret, dual spindle, syncing turrets, B axis milling, tilted sub spindle.
- A workshop day including different interests of MTM where topics such as tilted turning are covered.
Certified Third Party Training Options
If you prefer online videos, there are also several solutions that are provided to you, so that you can learn the software at your own pace and review any material that may have you stuck. Also, for your convenience, self-guided training manuals are also available.
CAM Solutions | Self-Guided Textbook Training
Using an educational format, these manuals are designed to expand on the GibbsCAM tutorials and are also a great supplement to the GibbsCAM training provided by CAM Solutions. They provide many hours o training for GibbsCAM Geometry, Milling, Turning, Advanced CS Milling, 3D Solids and Rotary Milling. These fully illustrated colour manuals can be purchased online separately or as a bundle/complete set.
Cognus Institute Inc. | Video Training
Professional Video Training. Learning has never been easier. A simple and cost effective way to learn from the industry’s leading instructors. Go at your own pace and review as many times as you want as every level purchased is valid for one year. Each of our sharp, HD videos has been carefully produced, showing the intended concepts in a straightforward and concise way. Our impeccable audio recordings provide instruction that is clear and easy to understand. GibbsCAM “Essentials" Level 1 is now available. Keep your training costs down while learning from the best!
GibbsCAM On-Demand Training | Video Training
Choose between three options that best suits your needs, 30 days, 180 days, or 365 days subscription to full access to GibbsCAM on-demand training. All Videos are High Definition (1280 by 720). Each video series is in a Gallery format in which the subscriber can select video categories such as GibbsCAM Production Milling, GibbsCAM Production Turning, Etc.
MachiningInfo.com | Video Training
Machininginfo.com has created a site that anyone can go to and get the machining information that they need. They offer numerous, free, GibbsCAM training videos. Their site also has many other tools that are helpful for pro's and entry level machinists.
Many local Resellers provide on and off-site training classes. Contact your local representative to see if this option is available in your area.