GibbsCAM 2015 (v11) includes numerous changes, many involving post processing.
Most GibbsCAM 2014 (v10.7) post processors will perform correctly in v11, and significant testing has been performed to ensure this.
However, it is highly recommended that you check the posted output of your posts the first few times you use them in GibbsCAM 2015. The GibbsCAM Post Department can answer any questions you have. Should your post need a correction, please follow these simple steps:
- Upload your GibbsCAM VNC file, Post Processor, and g-code file to : UploadToPosts.GibbsCAM.com.
- Send an email to the Post Department ([email protected]) listing your Company Name, Contact Information, and the names of the files you uploaded to the site.
- Provide a brief description of the problem you experienced, error message you received, or g-code concern currently seen.
GibbsCAM 2015 offers new UKM capabilities not found in earlier GibbsCAM versions and not supported by current post processors:
- MTM Inter-op syncs
- VMM Utility Ops for Mill machines
- New VMM Utility Op capabilities
- Add G-Code Utility Ops for lathe machines
- More axes in MTG Utility Op (Move Tool Group)
- 5 axis drilling canned cycles
- New Workplane modes
Call the GibbsCAM Post Department or your local post developer for a quote if you have interest in adding any of these capabilities to an existing post.
As with any release, be aware of your dialog settings when programming operations. New functions may be initially defaulted to “on,” making it easy for you to try these new functions, but they can also surprise you if you are not paying attention. Defaults are generally set as the last way you used something, so turning it off should leave it that way.
As always, the Gibbs Post Department is here to help solve your Post Processing needs. Feel free to call if you have any questions or concerns regarding your g-code output.
GibbsCAM Post Department